Sunday, May 9, 2010

My stint in jail

I made another New Look 6936 dress, this time in a lovely soft striped jersey I bought for $2.95 a yard. Score! I have enough fabric left over for a top and I have plans in mind for something with drawstrings on the sides.


I even broke out the twin needle for the hems! I have a confession to make. I have never used a twin needle before in my life. Isn't that lame? It was the easiest thing ever, and kind of neat how the bobbin thread gets intertwined between the top threads. I guess that's what makes it stretchy, I don't know.

What I do know is I love this dress, and I'll be wearing it to the pool and to Target quite a bit this summer.

I'm on the Train to Crazy this week!

make it wear it

3 comments:

  1. That? Is freaking adorable! I'm in love Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I LOVE this one!! Very, very cute Heather. This seems like a daily-wear...plus those stripes are *totally* in style...if you shop at Nordies...

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS