Thursday, May 6, 2010

I'm off

I don't know why, I just know I'm taking a little bit of a sewing break for a few days.

I finished my striped jersey dress last weekend and haven't sewn anything since then.

I do love it so (the striped jersey dress). I love the stripes. I don't care what anyone else thinks, to me it's summer fun in a breezy package. I'll share pictures soon, just as soon as I take them. I would love a cool obi belt to wear with it. Oh, that's right. I have ordered the perfect fabric to make into the mostest awesomest obi belt on the planet, thanks to that cool new book I have.

The biggest thing on my plate right now is my Gigantic Fabric De-Stash Mother of All Yard Sales this Saturday. That's kept me remarkably busy. When I first decided to do it, I just thought I'd slap out all my excess fabric, sell it all, and be done with it.

As it turns out, there's quite a bit of excess fabric, and even more odds and ends that need to go. Two vintage sewing machines and one teeny tiny mini Janome. Trims, ribbons, and notions coming out the yinyang. Vintage and modern patterns of all kinds. Knitting supplies and some beautiful yarns, because although I'd love to, I don't knit. Sewing books that I've found completely useless but I know someone else might love it.

Then there's the random household items I see and decide to slap a price tag on. Two high chairs. A coffee table. Some framed artwork I no longer love. The more I walk around, the more I want to sell. My four-year-old has even gotten in the act and says he wants to sell all his toys, too.

It's taken on a life of its own and most of my free time this week has been spent getting ready for The Sale. I hope to have a moment to take pictures before the crowds show up. Oh, and I hope to walk away from it all with some cold hard cash.

Plus, (I'm back to talking about why I'm not sewing) I can't decide what to sew next! I have a darling little top cut out in the most darling cotton and silk voile. I have another darling top cut out in the remaining white french terry. I have the rose denim pants to fix, and the other denim trousers to finish (oh, right, fix the pockets first, then finish). Then there are all the new Jalie patterns that arrived this week, including the infamous low-rise bootcut jeans I'm dying to try. See? Too much to do and no motivation is not a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. good luck with the big sale this weekend... you must take pictures!!!! good luck deciding your next project... and i would love for you to make that shirt, i did google it and it looks cute. we'll talk later... for now enjoy your weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS