Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thread

I promised a post on the thickness of thread, and I promise it's in the works.

But in the meantime, I ran across this explanation of thread quality with microscope pictures for your viewing pleasure.

I hope this helps when you're out buying thread? For what it's worth, I never buy Coats and Clark, only Gutermann but recently was cursing a bad spool of Gutermann that kept breaking.

Metrosene is the best I've sewn with, but I can't find it in many local stores?

Hope you guys are working on something fun. I just watched the movie Precious so now I'm sad and traumatized and need to recover! ~

2 comments:

  1. Oh, gosh, Precious will have to wait until my hormones are more stable. So maybe in like 15 years....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment! I look forward to seeing the new things you create! Happy Weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS