Sunday, February 20, 2011

apropos of nothing top


The other day I was cruising the Anthropologie website when I came across this super cute top. It was a boatneck top - navy collar bands, hip band and sleeve bands, and a white and green striped bodice. "I can make that!" I thought.

I've been playing around with boatneck style options since I made the muttonchops top, and this looked like a fun variation. Fun seventies-inspired tops are all over the place right now, and I really like it. They're loose in all the right places, you know what I'm saying? If you don't, then you didn't carry two ten-pound baby boys in your belly for more than 40 weeks.




It's springy and fun, and made using stash fabric so even better. The only thing I would modify if I made it again is to drop the front neckline an inch more, and lengthen the back bodice fabric an inch. Maybe if I ever learned how to stand up straight it would hang better, but the odds of that are slim.


Now, on to an even more exciting Anthro knockoff - the Lunar Cycles top! I actually bought this one because I love it so much, but I'm also really excited about making a knockoff and sharing all the various ways to create a completely different look with one pattern. Stay tuned....

3 comments:

  1. What a great top! You're the queen of knockin' off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang! You look fab! Seriously, you are rockin' those jeans.

    Do you have a name for your dummy (or whatever they're called?) Random question; just wondered.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this top...I would love to make several of these (when I like something I go overboard! HAHA!)

    ReplyDelete